> >>If you can't depend on having a linker on the target machine, yeah,
> >>you're going to have to play around with libelf like lhf says.  But
> >>just about everybody has a linker.
> >

> >Not on Windows.
>
> Right.  I suppose you could package up mingw GNU ld into a
> point-and-click tool.  But the context for this thread was "what can we
> do for ELF?"

Wellllll, the question was mine: if you can bodge the binary data in
resources in Windows, is there perchance a similar trick in ELF? (I'm not
too fussed if there isn't.)

For a busy and malware-aggravated Windows admin, you have to agree that:

COPY /B UNITARYLUACORE.EXE+MYMALWARECOUNTERHACK.LUA FIXWORM.EXE

is a pretty tidy build command!