Ever since we started promoting Lua to our Windows platform customers as a scripting language we have been battling the "It aint Visual Basic" complaint from some non-negligible fraction of them. For many of them, after we've beaten on them for a while and they begin using Lua, they realize how good it is. Getting a technical user who is a non-programmer over the hump, to try Lua in the first place, needs to be easier. Articles like the one in Frobnicate 22 are a great help for answering the question "Why Lua?"---especially if the reader can just "cut to the chase" of the comparison of BASIC and Lua code.

Do any of you know of other such comparison articles on the web? Assuming there are, could you please post the URL's?

Thanks.,

Michael