On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 20:00 -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> The main point now is to decide *whether* we want to go ahead with this;
> in other words, how many people would really be interested in attending a
> Lua workshop.

Cost is a critical factor for people attending conferences.

Two days is a very short conference and thus you won't get people
travelling far unless it's also an opportunity for a holiday.

Europe to west-coast america costs around 650 UKP per adult. Conversely
west-coast america to europe costs around 450 US$ per adult. It is
around half the price for an american to come to europe than for a
european to go to america.

Copenhagen sounds like a wonderful place to house the conference and I
would love to do some tourist stuff in Denmark. San Jose just doesn't
interest me as a tourist destination so Denmark wins on all counts from
my point of view :-)

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895