I use Outlook and Outlook web client. If someone knows how to fix this I will gladly to do so. I'm not a big fan of Outlook but it's what we use at work. I think the list blocks non members now so I have answer through my subscriber address. I suppose I could make a dummy account and reply from this??

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br on behalf of Dr. Rich Artym
Sent: Thu 11/11/2004 1:52 AM
To: Lua list
Cc: rartym@galacta.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Syntax trees, macros, and reflexive Lua evolution

	On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 12:49:59PM -0800, Nick Trout wrote:

	> <<<a broken thread>>>

	Nick, is there no way in which you can configure your mail client to
	preserve message threading?  I imagine that you're not using message
	threading yourself or you'd have noticed the problem, but if you look
	at the lists through Gmane's front end at:

	         http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.general

	then the problem will become visible to you too.  Eg. your client broke
	the message threading on this thread three times, and it's breaking up
	the threading throughout all the Lua archives continually because you're
	such a high-volume poster.  That's making the archives less useful than
	they might be for everyone that's using the threading for continuity.

	There's usually a way, with even the most recalcitrant of mail clients!

	It would help a lot of people I imagine, myself included. :-)

	Rich Artym.
	--
	Existing media are so disconnected from reality that our policy debates
	spin around a fantasy world in which the future looks far too much like

<<winmail.dat>>