On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:23:21PM -0200, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> > One can certainly define some sort of partial closure as in this case,
> > and it definitely has programming uses.  But it's not full closure. :-)
>
> The definition of lexical scoping used by Lua is the same definition
> used by Scheme, Pascal, and mostly all definitions found on the
> literature. If you insist on a different definition, what can we say?

Naughty, naughty, Roberto, attacking the messenger, not the message. :-)

Let me provide you with proof of what I said.  New thread coming up.

Rich Artym.
--
Existing media are so disconnected from reality that our policy debates
spin around a fantasy world in which the future looks far too much like