[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: pcall() and coroutine.yield()
- From: Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@...>
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:44:04 -0300
> On the subject of evaluating a Lua implementation, is there a full
> test suite for Lua?
Sure! It is not in the official distribution because it is not portable.
They are not portable for several reasons:
- Sometimes tests fail due to bugs in the native libc.
- The tests for Lua stand alone need some non-portable shell features
(e.g., stderr redirection).
- Some tests (e.g., for "require") assume the existence of some
auxiliary directories. (Which cannot be created by Lua; you have to
manually setup a proper "environment" before running those tests.)
- We did not spend too much time making those tests portable :)