P.Gertman@informgaz.gazprom.ru wrote:

For now i know there is a modular livecd distro Morphix (variation of Knoppix, Debian based) and livecd FreeBSD distro Frenzy. Each of them can be used as starting point because both offer build scripts for customization.
I welcome any help and directions, because i'm NOT an expert in Linux/BSD.

I knpw Asko Kauppi has done something like this with his LuaX Distribution and a Morphix based LiveCD. Maybe that would be a good starting point.
http://luaforge.net/projects/luax/

-Martin