Daniel Quintela ha scritto:
Then, I put some tools together and built a proof-of-concept of an installer.
[snip]
I hope to get some feedback from you.

I'm waiting for that project! :)

I try it and is a very interesting job!

I suggest you try to use 7zip compression algorithm insted of zip (there
is ansi-c code SDK here: http://www.7zip.org/sdk.html) because is more
efficent and using zip file I've trouble about '/n' win-unix handling in
some SQL files.

For my pourpose will be usefull a socket support, too (Luasoket, maybe):
I would like also to download data form internet and/or install program
in a remote server throught FTP.

Some bug in this early relese (I think you know it alredy):

- I find that the code:
if d.efa > 32 then
            setup.log( 'Creating ' .. d.name .. ' directory...')
        else
            setup.log( 'Installing ' .. d.name .. ' ...')
        end
don't work (all file are directory for the installer).
- the installer install all file in zip, setup images too.

If you need help to develop or test your product, you can send me an e-mail!

matteo!