On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 11:07:14AM +0200, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> Some interesting sites I found when looking for SVG infos:
> Copyright Website: http://www.benedict.com/

That is interesting. Seems the whole 'Copyright ... all rights
reserved' thing is still meaningful in some obscure countries.

> Public Domain registration:
> http://creativecommons.org/license/publicdomain-2?lang=en
>
> I don't claim they are "the right thing"

Hehe, well they certainly do, and they consist of more lawyers than
anything else. But others disagree. I'm just guessing but I imagine
the situation is something like:

Any sane person can see that 'I hereby release this work into the
public domain' must at the very least mean 'I hereby license everyone
to treat this work if it were public domain', and the CC people fully
expect that that's what any court would find. But it's not written in
law, and since no-one's ever been stupid enough to contest this logic,
there's no actual legal precedent.

-- Jamie Webb