On 13-Aug-04, at 1:06 PM, John Belmonte wrote:

I suggest the only change be that we discourage the assertion of copyrights on the wiki. If we want the success of the wiki to continue, I think it's best to keep this can of worms tightly shut, as 99% of the contributors to the wiki, including you and I, have done, be it consciously or not.

So the consensus is that anything on the wiki should be regarded as though it were public domain?

Should there maybe be a note somewhere "Any code you post here will be regarded as public domain; if you wish to assert copyright, don't post it here." ?