> On Behalf Of Virgil Smith
> Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 10:12 AM
>
> > Remember that any anonymous person can go to the page and change
your
> > copyright assertion, the license, or the code.  If you really want
> > assert copyright or license on a work, it should be distributed from
> > an immutable source, such as one's own web site.
>
> Ah, but an advantage of a Wiki is history tracking.  Of course this
still
> implies a trust of the site maintainers as they can change things
without
> adding to the history log, modify the history log itself, etc.

The history is deleted periodically.

> If one is really concerned about the Wiki as a resource and making it
> simplified and consistent then the thing to do would be to form a
license
> policy for the Wiki,

Wikipedia has one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentatio
n_License

I've contributed a fair amount to the wiki. John Belmonte set it up and
has also contributed and run the wiki very well. I'm happy to do
whatever John thinks is best for the wiki.

Nick