Nick Trout wrote:
On Behalf Of Virgil Smith Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 10:12 AM

Ah, but an advantage of a Wiki is history tracking.  Of course this
still implies a trust of the site maintainers as they can change
things without adding to the history log, modify the history log
itself, etc.

The history is deleted periodically.

Hi Nick,

Not only that, but we don't know who really made the original post in the first place, let alone the modifications. There is no identity authentication, and this is by design. The more I think about it, using such an unchecked forum to post an original work for which you want to assert control via copyright seems rather silly.

I've contributed a fair amount to the wiki. John Belmonte set it up and has also contributed and run the wiki very well. I'm happy to do
whatever John thinks is best for the wiki.

I suggest the only change be that we discourage the assertion of copyrights on the wiki. If we want the success of the wiki to continue, I think it's best to keep this can of worms tightly shut, as 99% of the contributors to the wiki, including you and I, have done, be it consciously or not.

-John

--
http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project