Hallo,

Rici Lake wrote:

assuming delay() implements a sleep operation, why shouldn't it just go into os? The idea is, we say here is an optional interface, not provided by the standard Lua library; but, if you are going to extend the os. library, this is what it should look like:

I don't like much this idea, because I like the idea of a standard library that works all the time. Having to remember the features that may not be present and test for them could become a headache in the future. I like the idea of a "ext" library though, which could install itself inside the "os" namespace.

os.ext.delay()

-alex