I've now taken a "two roads" approach in developing LuaX.

Yes, there'll be the "abstract away" side, which is based on SDL (it's easiest for developers, and provides a _huge_ platform base per se). But also, for simple dialogs etc. the dialogs will look native (and not use SDL).

To have some screenshots, go to: http://luaforge.net/docman/?group_id=21

While scripts won't know it, the user will see Aqua.. :)

-ak

ps. From the commercial tools, I think Qt rocks, since it really provides the best of both these worlds.