Paul Smith wrote:
Really, this depends on how important Lua is to you (as people have said before). Personally, if I'm 'offline', I don't want to know about Lua stuff. Getting the mailing list messages uses up bandwidth I'd rather not use if possible.. I'd rather it wait until I get back to the office.

If I'm on limited bandwidth, I want to just get messages which are important.

IMAP is quite effective here. Message headers are downloaded efficiently, and a message body is copied to my local machine only if I view the message.

-John

--
http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project