Brett Kapilik wrote:
That being said, I have re-created a Lua forum at
http://www.icynorth.com/fourms.  How about this, everyone who is
interested in getting Lua forums going can go there and discuss the
pros and cons of such a move and we can discuss what main forums that
we want to see as well as discussing moderation, etc.  If the
interest is there I will leave the fourm up for now until we decide
upon a permanent location.  I would personally be willing to front
the money for a domain name for a year and the first 3 months of Web
space for www.luaforums.com (or whatever).  I know of several good
Web hosting spots where we can go for like $10 per month.  So all of
you forum lovers, come on over and let's get proactive about this -
put in a post so I can try to gauge how much interest there is.

I just want to point out that the community already funds a domain: lua-users.org (we'll be having the next lottery soon). Adding subdomains is free. Also, spending $120/yr. for the rest of time on web hosting seems like a big commitment to me.

I don't think I'll participate in "pros and cons" discussion at your forum, as I've already presented my position.

Regards,
-John

--
http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project