I deleted the forum from Icy North because of lack of interest.  In a couple of months there were only a couple of posts. I have no commercial interest in having the forums on MY site inparticular, I would love to see fourms anywhere.  From my experience with my day job (www.indigorose.com) we have found forums to be an extremely effective way of communicating and creating a community.

That being said, I have re-created a Lua forum at http://www.icynorth.com/fourms.  How about this, everyone who is interested in getting Lua forums going can go there and discuss the pros and cons of such a move and we can discuss what main forums that we want to see as well as discussing moderation, etc.  If the interest is there I will leave the fourm up for now until we decide upon a permanent location.  I would personally be willing to front the money for a domain name for a year and the first 3 months of Web space for www.luaforums.com (or whatever).  I know of several good Web hosting spots where we can go for like $10 per month.  So all of you forum lovers, come on over and let's get proactive about this - put in a post so I can try to gauge how much interest there is.

As a side, I thought that one cool thing would be to have volunteers keep a mirror of this Lua mailing list in the fourms, if they come to be.  That way it is the best of both worlds.  I have no lack of ideas but I don't want to go at it alone and especially if the interest is not there.  I have enough to do in life already ;)

- Brett Kapilik