[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Microsoft and LUA
- From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@...>
- Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:35:06 -0300
>It's no secret that MS actually uses Lua, but now they're trying to
>steal the name as well..
My recollection is that their use of the acronym LUA predates our use of the
name Lua. So what? There are lots of other things called LUA or Lua around.
Here is a very short list:
- a Hawaiian martial art/dance,
- LIBERA UNIVERSITA' DELL'AUTOBIOGRAFIA DI ANGHIARI
- Lua is a common name or word in Vietnamese and perhaps Korean
Not to mention Lua as the name of earth's satellite in Portuguese. Is MS trying
to steal that also? :-)
I think there's nothing to worry about. Perl and Python are also common words.