>It's no secret that MS actually uses Lua, but now they're trying to
>steal the name as well..

My recollection is that their use of the acronym LUA predates our use of the
name Lua. So what? There are lots of other things called LUA or Lua around.
Here is a very short list:

- a Hawaiian martial art/dance,
  http://www.coffeetimes.com/lua.htm
  http://www.paulwaters.com/lua.htm

- LIBERA UNIVERSITA' DELL'AUTOBIOGRAFIA DI ANGHIARI
  http://www.lua.it/

- Lua is a common name or word in Vietnamese and perhaps Korean
  http://www.luaviet.org/

Not to mention Lua as the name of earth's satellite in Portuguese. Is MS trying
to steal that also? :-)

I think there's nothing to worry about. Perl and Python are also common words.
--lhf