On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:51:55AM +0300, Dimitris Papavasiliou wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've written this code which, given a lua command line in a string (s)
> and a cursor position (i) finds all candidate table keys to complete the
> command at the position.
[snip]
> Any suggestrions are welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dimitris

One thing your code does not consider that can be very helpfull is the use
of the ':' seperator in addition to '.'  I wrote something very similar for
the console of our game and I don't remember there being any trick to
getting ':' working.  Just check for ':' anywhere you would also look for
'.'

scott

scott jacobs                                   scott+lua@escherichia.net