Use LuaX and the serial port control bits. They can be programmed individually, and your script will work as well on both Windows and Linux.

http://www.testbox.fi

-ak

23.4.2004 kello 15:05, <Goetz.Kluge@infineon.com> kirjoitti:

I need bidirectional access (unfortunately under Windows) to a port of a
PC in order to control 2 pins.
This is for emulating an I2C-interface.

As the parallel interface has no long term future, I would like to use
USB.
Here are these alternatives:
(1) Direct bitbanging (violating the USB spec),
(2) Driving via USB an IC which does USB/parallel-IO conversion,
(3) Driving via USB an IC which does USB/I2C conversion.

Any hints on how to do that with Lua under Windows?

Goetz