From: Goetz.Kluge@infineon.com [mailto:Goetz.Kluge@infineon.com]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 8:06 AM
To: lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
Subject: Controlling hardware with lua (via USB interface)?

I need bidirectional access (unfortunately under Windows) to a port of a
PC in order to control 2 pins.
This is for emulating an I2C-interface.

As the parallel interface has no long term future, I would like to use
USB.
Here are these alternatives:
(1) Direct bitbanging (violating the USB spec),
(2) Driving via USB an IC which does USB/parallel-IO conversion,
(3) Driving via USB an IC which does USB/I2C conversion.

Any hints on how to do that with Lua under Windows?

Goetz

- - - - - - - Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.