> I agree... ctags is excellent when editting online! But if you want
> to sit
> back in a chair and have a good read of a printout of the source (to
> understand it) then some sort of easily seen function headers should
> exist.

What about doxygen ? With nice and rather complete function and
structure headers that are easy to read, you can also produce a complete
source code documentation in HTML / LaTeX / ...

Personnaly, I use it everywhere I can. When reading the code, I got an
emacs on the left side of the screen, and a mozilla in the right side
(or on another screen).

I think you should try ;)

Regards,
- Sam