Peter Hill:
> I also think the source code should have easy visually markers for finding
> functions. In my own code, for example, I use the following:
>
> /****************/
> /**** func() ****/
> /****************/
>
> int func()
> {
> return 0;
> }

Ashwin Hirschi:
> Ummm... as an alternative you could also check out something like ctags.
> It's free, it works like a charm & many editors (vi(m), emacs, &c.)
> support it. You can find a nice implementation at
> http://ctags.sourceforge.net.

I agree... ctags is excellent when editting online! But if you want to sit
back in a chair and have a good read of a printout of the source (to
understand it) then some sort of easily seen function headers should exist.

I think I might just suck the source into a database and tinker from
there :-).

*cheers*
Peter Hill.