On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 01:05:53AM +0200, Maxime Petazzoni wrote:
> Is the gettext support in project ? If not, would you be interesting for
> one ? We need it, and we are ready to help you improving Lua in this way.

Enabling Lua to use gettext and other localisation routines should be a
rather trivial matter of writing an, say, 'l10n' binary module wrapping
the libc routines. However, adding Lua support to the xgettext tool seems
to be rather lot of work. I once looked into of writing such a parser for
the tool as I'd also like this support, but having seen the amount of code
there is to parsers of other languages in xgettext -- well, it would take
too much of what precious little free time I have.

But anyone who codes that support into xgettext has my thanks already.

--
Tuomo