Hi,

I'm quite new to Lua and to this list, so I think I should introduce
myself. My name is Maxime Petazzoni, from France. I'm currently working
on Gobelins[1], a game part of Nekeme Prod.[2], a group that aims to
helps free software games.

Both Gobelins and Arkhart[3] (another game of the group) are (and will
be) using Lua for scripting quests or object effects.

As we want to make our games usable by the largest number of people
possible, we want them to include some i18n support. For the C (or C++)
part, it is not a real problem, using gettext.

But as far as I know, there is no gettext support in Lua. I searched on
the Lua and Lua-users websites but I didn't find anything talking about it.

Is the gettext support in project ? If not, would you be interesting for
one ? We need it, and we are ready to help you improving Lua in this way.

Regards,
- Sam

[1] Gobelins - http://www.gobelins-project.org
[2] Nekeme Prod. - http://www.nekeme.net