Hallo,

> On Wednesday 31 March 2004 14:18, Andre Nathan wrote:

Note also that not every UNIX system follows the FHS. Not even all Linux
distributions follow the FHS. So, I believe it will not be possible to
provide a "one size fits all" solution, we'd have to go with the most
common path (backwards-compatible, at least with other languages :)

In my Debian GNU/Linux machine, the Guile libraries live in /usr/share/guile/1.6, the Python-GTK+ binding in /usr/share/pygtk/2.0, some PERL libraries in /usr/share/perl5 and so on.

-alex