On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 05:06, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> It actually is, and I believe at least Debian would have to modify the
> setup. By the FHS <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html>,
> architechture-independent files, such as the stub loader scripts,
> should be put in .../share/, while architechture-dependent files go
> in .../lib/ or .../lib<arch>/.

Hi

That link says that /usr/lib is for "libraries for programming and
packages", which seems fine to me. And in fact, on the Debian machine of
my co-worker, the architecture independent files for perl, python and
ruby live inside /usr/lib/<language>. So, I believe this is a correct
model.

I noticed that Debian installs .lua files on /usr/share/lua50, and lua
binary libs directly on /usr/lib (for example,
/usr/lib/libluasocket.so.2). I respect their choice, but I don't
understand why Lua is being handled differently from the other
languages.

Best regards,
Andre

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future.
- Niels Bohr