On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 08:07:30PM -0300, Andre Nathan wrote:
> It's similar to what I proposed, except that my idea is to keep the
> .so/.a/.dll files on a different directory, just for better organization,
> but I believe this is not a big issue.

It actually is, and I believe at least Debian would have to modify the
setup. By the FHS <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html>,
architechture-independent files, such as the stub loader scripts,
should be put in .../share/, while architechture-dependent files go
in .../lib/ or .../lib<arch>/.

--
Tuomo