On 24 Mar 2004, at 22:36, RLake@oxfam.org.pe wrote:

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to use rawset on a userdata. That will not work, you can only rawset a real table.

Okay, I see the problem now. So... how does one go about handling the __newindex metamethod on a userdata? Basically I'd like the event to be processed normally, that is, the intended assignment should still take place. I just have to inspect the key and the value and increment some counters.

It may be that Lunar is not sufficient to your needs, or at least requires some modification.

I'd be glad to modify the interface myself, but I'm afraid I'd need at least some general directions -- I have 14 years experience in C++ but only 2 months in Lua...

Thank you,
Dario