Greetings,

I am beginning to design a small program and am considering to program it with wxWindows through wxLua, wxPython or wxRuby. I have several questions about their relative advantages and disadvantages:

1. Is there any reason to prefer wxLua over the other wxWindows ports other than a taste for Lua's syntax?

2. How reliable is wxLua and how completely are the features of wxWindows ported?

3. How likely am I to encounter more bugs programming in wxLua relative to programming with wxWindows in C++?

4. How much will it affect performance to use Lua instead of C++ for the GUI?

5. If I want to produce a closed-source application, how can it be done with Lua? I thought about putting the compiled Lua code in a C string, and then passing it to the Lua api inside my code, but then looking at the exe file will reveal the Lua code. Is there any way of achieving higher security? How easy is it to reverse-engineer compiled Lua code?

Thanks,

Bob

Walla! Mail, Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Walla! at:
http://mail.walla.co.il