On Feb 13, 2004 at 11:59 +0200, Florian Berger wrote:

> Thanks for the help! With luac and bin2c combination I managed to compile
> LuaSocket library with -DLUASOCKET_COMPILED flag. But I still get
> libluasocket.a file instead of libluasocket.so. I tried to make a dynamic
> libary using command "make dyn" but I get following error:

If you are just interested in getting a working luasocket, rather than
learning the ins and outs of building .so's, you could try luacheia,
http://luacheia.lua-users.org .  The last tarball release should work
out of the box on any 32-bit Linux with "./configure && make install".

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com