Hi.

I have been trying to get LuaSocket for Lua 5.0 (alpha) to work in Unix but I have not yet succeeded. I have mainly used Windows so the Unix environment itself causes me problems.

I have already compiled Lua 5 successfully. For LuaSocket I only succeeded in creating a libluasocket.a file when I disabled -DLUASOCKET_COMPILED flag. I don't know how to create .lch files used for -DLUASOCKET_COMPILED flag. I figured that when using -DLUASOCKET_COMPILED flag is should get a file named libluasocket.so. I also understood that -DLUASOCKET_COMPILED flag is recommended.

But how I can use for example libluasocket.a file in the regular stand-alone interpreter of Lua 5?

Floru