In <http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2003-12/msg00026.html> it was
mentioned that Lua 5.0.1 might "officially" be released by the
end of the year 2003. This has not happened, so I'm asking, what is
the status of Lua 5.0.1? Will it be released soon?

I've been for a while linking to the 5.0.1 pre-release tarball and
asking people to use it, because (apparently) the local function bug
in 5.0 occasionally causes functions to be missing depending on the
contents of configuration files and also the compiler generates
corrupt code (detected by the loading routines). It would be good to
be able to point to a "real" release, of which there would be
operating system-specific packages (esp. Debian).

--
Tuomo