If your goal is to mirror your C++ class hierarchy, luabind will work well.
Frankly, I've found that C++ interfaces are more complicated than scripting
environment interfaces ought to be, so I make a custom set of
access/manipulation script functions.  If that's the case, Luna or LuaPlus
could be a better alternative.

Josh