I'd start with the interfaces (but then again, that's me..). Making sure your current script/C interface is clear and logical. It's probably easier to brush that up first, then rewrite the scripts in Lua. Also, this would help you realize if there are some places in the C code where integration to Lua would require special care or techniques (s.a. metatables to make 'live' object instances between the two worlds).

-ak

Jarrod H. Roberson kirjoittaa tiistaina, 23. joulukuuta 2003, kello 18:32:

I am working on adding Lua to an existing game engine ( isn't everyone )
to replace the proprietary scripting language that it uses.

Since there is so much code to "port" over, any suggestions on where to
start. I have the Luna template and it seems to work great, any comments
on the others pro's/con's of using the template inheritance over one of
the code generators?

Thanks

--
Jarrod H. Roberson