> Someone could do this with LuaCheia. If wxLua is working with this you'd
> have a debugger as well I think. Or that LuaPlus looks ok (untested by
> me) but I think that would be win32 only.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one on this list with significant
experience with SDL, but I think for a game library you'd definitely
want to use SDL instead of wxWindows (they don't play well together
yet). SDL gives simple access to fullscreen modes, different color
depths, OpenGL contexts, keyboard/mouse/joystick input, and such.

wxWindows covers some of these, but not near enough for making a modern
game without extensions. I've used both libraries and these have been my
experiences. Incidentally, I used both of them on a single project (not
a good idea in my opinion =) The main problem is that SDL cannot be used
inside of a wxWindows frame successfully on many platforms (you can use
an unsupported feature of the UNIX port of SDL, but that's not exactly
ideal).

Besides, Glade and Gtk+ are a better solution anyway =) (Please ignore
this comment if you feel otherwise)