From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Chris Chapman
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 4:19 AM
To: 'Lua list'
Subject: RE: How much lua?

This however doesn't help much when Lua is tightly integrated into a game,
and it is the interaction between game logic and game data you need to
debug. On the PS2 we have to use a specific debugger system to communicate,
and its not Visual C. If we could inspect lua variables/step through lua
code from that debugger, it would be workable. At the moment, it seems the
only viable debugging solution would be something which could use a simple
console output to display scripts/variables, and map the PS2 controller
input into useful functions (step over, step in, run to, etc.). That way,
the game engine can handle converting the console system into something
renderable. I could probably do it given that mythical 'spare week' ;-), but
that's unlikely to appear.