Well after a rather long session I have compiles of Lua4 and Lua5 which run on a Palm (in the emulator on a PalmOS4 debug ROM) which succesfully run a simple script.
lua_dostring(L, "fu=42; bar=69; jfrg=fu*bar;")

I do not want to post the port publically yet as I 'borrowed' a few snippets of code from various places which will need to be credited or rewritten before it is made available. Those that want me to email you the source drop me an email. It is probably wise to warn you that this port has been sponsered by several very strong cups of coffee and it is not pretty. In order to use it you will have to be sufficiently competant with the gcc tool chain to handle sections. The sections are imaginatively called luasect1, luasect2 and luasect3. No attempt has been made to make sure things that call each other are in the same section.

Having succesfully exhausted my capacity to think can someone please let me know how I run a Lua script that I precompiled with luac. Is the byte code platform independant? I compiled my lua script with luac under Win2000 but I want to load it as a binary resource on PalmOS and pass it to Lua.

Cheers.

-haemish