Hallo Lua,

MSG> You are looking for a message loop. You should call IupMainLoop().
MSG> This will run until all dialogs are closed (or until you return
MSG> IUP_CLOSE in any callback).

indeed, that's what I was looking for. For some reason the docs claim
that there is no IupMainLoop() in iuplua, which did seem a little odd
when I read it.

MSG> If you would like a modal dialog, just run IupPoup instead of IupShow
MSG> (IupPoup will run a message loop for you and will only return when
MSG> the dialog shown is closed) - this will give you the same result as
MSG> while dialog.visible, but will not consume as much CPU.

excellent, thanks for the information.

have a nice day,

Gunnar
--
"They that can give up lib-   Gunnar Zötl           Tel. 06071-612079
 erty to obtain a little      Friedhofstraße 55     Fax. 01212-512317564