>      * support for use of external Lua library.  Do you use a stock Lua
> library compile?  This will be significant when packaging for Debian,
> etc.  Also since IUP also contains the Lua source, and you want to make
> IUP a module, at least one of you will have to concede...

Indeed... the naming issue of DLLs here is still a problem.  There's no
reason for LuaCheia, IUP, etc to work with a 'standard' Lua set of DLLs.  I
will certainly be shipping our own build of them with our application; but
I'm happy to follow standard naming rules to be compatible.

>      * rewriting wrapper names (for example, SDL.LoadBMP instead of
> SDL.SDL_LoadBMP)

Yep, there are a lot of these... the Lua ones got cleaned up when moved to a
"namespace".. but others are just in a table with exactly the same names as
before.  Another one that comes to mind is bitlib... bit.bor etc seem
redundant now.

Love, Light and Peace,
- Peter Loveday
Director of Development, eyeon Software