2003-07-29T11:16:11 Gustavo Niemeyer:
I'm just curious. Is anyone working to port PLua (Lua for Palm) to
the 5.0 version of Lua?

"Anyone" can't; Plua is currently closed-source, only its author
migueletto can undertake such a port. Further, he's recently said
that keeping Plua closed-source is "based on [his] personal beliefs,
and that will not change."

Well, we had this discussion on the PLua list sometime ago, and the result is this. I do want to create a multi-platform engine to mobile applications, and Lua fits it perfectly. The problem is: I'm a bit new to Lua (specially Lua 5) and I don't have the time to do all the work alone. If someone is interested, please e-mail me. A good knowledge of PalmOS and/or PPC programming is welcome. I've started the port of Lua4 to PalmOS, but I had some problems with it and couldn't find a easy way to do such a port. My bet that's I'm still to newbie in Lua to create such a port alone. But if I don't try, I won't make it, isn't it ? :) Cheers !
J. Machado
machado at palmcon dot com dot br