Because i wanted a less crappy way of doing it.. one using the lua api and not lua scripting features..

Even though lua seems like a great scripting language, its lacking some expected features. From a c program you can't take control of the execution neither the local variables.

The examples doesnt show how to take control of the lua script, but rather how to write the lua script to give the host program some degree of control. I can ofcourse preprosess and "insert" the control code, but i just didnt at first believed the degree of lacking control from the host program..

but thanks anyway..