Dylan Cuthbert wrote:

The problem isn't really to do with 3d, its a conceptual problem.  What I am
aiming for is a kind of "tuple" implementation, where an atomic type is made
of parts and those parts aren't independent of one another, they work as a
"whole".

IIRC, then C99 has a built-in 'complex' datatype. Is that something like what you're looking for, only for something with bigger tuples? I can't say I've used it or even seen how it looks (how do you access the components in the complex number?), is anyone knowledgeable about this? And how it's implemented?

Enno
--
<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should
     be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take