Hi everyone, first post, yahoo! (hehe how appropriate :)

I am currently writing a game engine and would like to use Lua as the
scripting language. I was thinking of using LuaBind as the glue
between C++ and Lua as it seems to be pretty well designed and easy
to use (from what i can see). I basically need the properties and
methods in my C++ objects to be mirrored in the Lua world so that i
can script them.

My question is:

How fast is the interface between lua and c++ via LuaBind? I'm not
sure whether to implement my games class hierarchy in c++ and then
bind those classes to Lua or whether i should implement the heirarchy
entirely in lua and just call out to processor intensive c++ methods
when i need to.

Basically, how much slower is it to update the properties of a c++
class bound to a lua class than to just update a native lua class? I
dont mean in exact cpu cycles or anything, im just wondering if the
way im going about it is right (i will probably create a c++
hierarchy and then mirror it into lua).

thanks for any help

ash