--- In lua-l@yahoogroups.com, "antic0re" <ashmodeus@h...> wrote:
> How fast is the interface between lua and c++ via LuaBind? I'm not
> sure whether to implement my games class hierarchy in c++ and then
> bind those classes to Lua or whether i should implement the
heirarchy
> entirely in lua and just call out to processor intensive c++
methods
> when i need to.

This questions is probably better on the luabind list at...

Still my choice was made by looking at UT2003.  It implements just
about everything in Unreal Script... a surprisingly huge amount of
the game code.  Since Unreal Script is byte code based i'm assuming
( probably a big assumption ) similar performance to Java or Python
which in many cases is slower than Lua.  And even if i'm off on my
assumption performance critical stuff can still be moved to C/C++
objects as necessary.

  That brings up the need for some kinda lua performance profiler of
sorts.  Any suggestions on that?

  Tom