Hi,

> MyApplication - Includes the lua .h files and lua.lib and luaD.lib
> ExtensionDLL - Includes the lua .h files and lua.lib and luaD.lib - this is the extension library loaded using loadmodule.c

Do I understand correctly that both your app and extesion
link against the static lua libs?  Then two incarnations of
the lua environment exist in the same process and that
doesn't sound promising...  Did you try linking both your
app and the extension against a dynamic lua lib, so lua gets
pulled in (from the lua.dll) only once?

It is safest to build a lua.dll from your own project,
because mixing prebuild binaries can be a problem in itself
(as reported earlier on this list.)  Make sure that a
dynamic version of the runtime lib is used everywhere...

Bye,
Wim