Hi John,
I was aware that you's suggested that some time ago already, as I think Björn did too.

Some ideas seem to need a 'seeding time' before they take root. I really wish this idea would have taken root earlier!

-Martin

John Belmonte wrote:
I suggested a similar project one year ago:

Martin Spernau wrote:

Several options:
* use the existing lua-users.org (SourceForge) environment (CVS, webserver,
maillist)
* start a new SourceForge project
* self host (I could volunteer some space and bandwidth, CVS etc.)

I would suggest the second or third option. I suspect this project could have frequent releases of large binaries for several platforms, and the truth is that the lua-l archive has almost used up the lua-users project's entire disk quota. (I requested an increased quota several weeks ago but haven't received a reply.) In any case, this is a potentially large project and it may be a good idea to administer it separately from lua-users.org.

Nonetheless, it would be a good idea to put the project in a subdomain of lua-users.org (like luamax.lua-users.org), for stable URL's regardless of where or how it is hosted. Or maybe you plan to get a new top level name.

Next question is how seperated/interlaced we want to keep it. Do we keep
discussions on this list, and continue to use/expand the existing Wiki? Or
do we 'branch'?

I think this project should have its own lists. Using the lua-users wiki to get the ball rolling is fine. If it got to the point where this project started to engulf the wiki (high percentage of pages), I would suggest branching off. It's easy for wiki's to link to each other. The common syntax is Project:PageName.

-John