> John suggested calling it a different name and I think this
> is very practical. Lets call it, say, LuaX, eg. Lua-extensions
> or Lua-extended.

I was thinking that it be named separate from Lua.  After all, we don't call
automobiles "combustion-engine-X's".  It would be nice if the new thing
could fly on its own merit, not powered by the name Lua.  On the other hand
there is Common Lisp to Lisp and such.

Also, the person or persons doing the hard work should get to name it.  I
don't buy into the "community development" idea... I haven't seen anything
significant get on its feet that way (as opposed to a community improving
something that already exists).

--John