First of all, I did a little wiki page with some
of the ideas brought up ideas on it:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaCheia

(Beware the embarassing typo's I've probably made, sorry)

Martin Spernau wrote:

> Ok so now we have several suggestions for a name:
> * LuaMAX
> * LuaCheia
> * FullMoon
> (I personall favor the 'FullMoon')

Unfortunately FullMoon is already used for another Lua poject.
And google tells me that LuaCheia is a rare search term,
so it will "stand out". So, I hope we can agree on LuaCheia?

> So we need to decide on one, and also we should think about how to
> coordinate, host etc. this project.
>
> Several options:
> * use the existing lua-users.org (SourceForge) environment (CVS, webserver,
> maillist)
> * start a new SourceForge project
> * self host (I could volunteer some space and bandwidth, CVS etc.)

I'm in favour of Sourceforge. It's probably the fastest then
to reuse the lua-users.org, as this is essentiallly a lua-users
project. I already have a developer account on SorceForge
under the name "Beoran", so if the owner of tle lua-users.org
project doesn't mind (is that you), then I'd go for reusing that one.

> Next question is how seperated/interlaced we want to keep it. Do we keep
> discussions on this list, and continue to use/expand the existing Wiki? Or
> do we 'branch'?
> Both options have pro/cons.

If the people on this list don't oppose it, I would keep on using
this list for now, at least until we have an alpha version to present
to the public. To make it easier to recognise and filter the messages
on this topic, I propose to always put the marker [LuaCheia]
in the subject, as I did now.

> And then, who is going to 'be in charge'? Do we have one person maintaining
> the project or does anybody contribute? Or something inbetween like a group
> of people?

I'd hope to make it a group, but we should impose ourselves some
guidelines
and restrictions.

> Maybe everyone intersted could give a short statement as to the level of
> contribution they would like / can give. (Some already have)
>
> -> I could volunteer to do some coordination, website, and such, as I'm not
> very good at C/C++ (I specialize in scripting, currently a lot PHP, but I
> also did VB, Perl and some Delphi).

Good. I would also do some coordination, Linux ports, and help
with setting up some flexible kind of build system. Perhaps
the Lua based Premake http://premake.sourceforge.net/
is of any use?

Anyway, after we decide about the practical details, we need to decide
on
the technical details of the project. What kind of dynamic library
API will we use? GluaX? Something based on loadlib()? Will we
use tolua also, or not? How will we also archieve statical linking? What
libraries will we include in the first version? And so on...

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be