On 10 Feb 2003, at 12:48, Martin Spernau wrote:

> Maybe a standardized form of docuemtation could be the 'barrier of
> entry' for inclusion of a module into the distro?

this is a very good idea.

also, I was thinking, in my newbiedom to Lua...: suppose I write
an utility piece of code that is partly written on Lua, and partly
in C/C++. could this be added as a "module" too? I suppose what
I'm asking is, what will be the restrictions/options, or, what the
module writer should worry about when programming or
converting his current code to a luamax/loadmodule "module"?

that is, along with the template documentation, give a guide/FAQ
or something for module writers.

and... I've seen that some modules on the loadmodule thing
do patch the Lua sources. so I think it would be a good idea to
include a Lua distribution with all the patching to run any of
the modules already applied. I don't like the idea of having to
install many modules and watch them patching stuff on top
of each other, this is totally prone to not working...(?) :-)

- Fabio
--
[]'s
Fábio R. Cecin